Benefit from learning with expert teachers.
At Apex Learning Virtual School, our superior faculty, administrators, and counselors are committed to thoroughly preparing students for college. The education team spends time getting to know each student individually and fostering each student’s love of learning and academic success.
Our education team supports and challenges students to do their best. The result — students achieve their academic goals and build skills for a lifetime of learning.
Administrators set high standards.
Apex Learning VS administrators lead with the highest expectations for academic excellence. Every day they consider how to develop new ways to provide the most engaging and challenging education for each student. They bring to their work many years of in-depth education experience — both in traditional and online private schools.
- Director Catherine Woods is an experienced executive who has spent more than 25 years leading organizations. She brings to Apex Learning Virtual School a strong background in administration, operations and client services. She believes that all students are capable of being successful and is committed to ensuring the school provides a seamless experience for students and families.
- Director of Instruction Dr. Chad Williams has a distinguished career in education. Before joining Apex Learning Virtual School, he was the Instructional Learning Design Program Management Director for the University of Washington. Chad believes in leading the instruction team of the Apex Learning VS by setting strategy for the continued growth and improvement of instruction services.
- Enrollment Manager Amy Wasell has used over 20 years of training and project management experience to develop a program of excellence in support for students and families of Apex Learning Virtual School. With nine years of direct experience in student services, connecting academics to life after high school for students has been a top priority for her. For Amy, “What academic experience would I want for my own student?” is a daily guiding principle.
Teachers are highly qualified subject experts.
Apex Learning Virtual School teachers have an average 21 years of teaching experience, including at least seven years of online instruction. By forging a relationship with each student, instructors help students achieve their highest potential, strengthen their confidence, and pursue their interests. Here is what you can expect from every Apex Learning VS teacher:
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of the academic subject area
- Active engagement with students to motivate and track progress
- Intensive individual feedback and guidance
- Understanding of how to teach most effectively in the online environment
Counselors help full-time students find the right path.
Our counselors take the time necessary to get to know each student’s goals and interests. Our full time students receive one-to-one assistance from our experienced guidance counselors, who design a personalized program for each student to best meet individual academic goals. College counselors help students successfully navigate the college admissions process.
- Counselor, Joe O’Leary, loves helping each individual develop as a scholar and a person. With nine years of experience in high schools — six as a guidance and college admissions counselor — Joe understands how to communicate with and motivate today’s students. His interactions with students are enriched by best practices he learned while earning his M-Ed in school counseling.
Online course authors team up to create exceptional education experiences.
Our award-winning online curriculum is designed to meet the highest scholastic standards. Each comprehensive course is developed by the Apex Learning team of experts — curriculum professionals, instructional designers, subject-matter experts, and assessment specialists — who collaborate to challenge, engage, and motivate students.