Student Code of Conduct
The following rules apply to all activity conducted by students enrolled in Apex Learning Virtual School courses. Failure to abide by these rules may result in revoked access as well as consequences determined by your school or district administrators. If you witness any violations of this Student Code of Conduct, please contact your teacher or the Apex Learning Virtual School team at email@example.com or 1-800-453-1454, ext. 8500.
Posting anonymous messages is not permitted except for the express purpose of collaborative writing. Impersonating another person is also strictly prohibited.
- Do not publicly post your personal contact information (address and telephone number) or anyone else’s.
- Do not publicly post any messages that were sent to you privately.
Your access is password-protected and you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password.
- You agree to use only your own user-name and password and not to divulge these to anyone.
- You agree not to aid anyone in gaining unauthorized access.
- You agree to log out of the Apex Learning courses and to close your Internet browser window when you have finished accessing and using any Apex Learning course.
You agree to abide by these guidelines:
- Avoid sarcasm and slang. Swear words are unacceptable.
- Never use derogatory comments, including those regarding race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, political persuasion, body type, physical or mental health, or access issues.
- Never use insults, threats, or attacks of any kind against another person.
- Focus your responses on the questions or issues being discussed, not on the individuals involved.
- Be constructive with your criticism, not hurtful.
- Review your messages before sending them. Remove easily misinterpreted language and proofread for typos.
- Respect other people’s privacy and never reveal email addresses.
Plagiarism and source citation
All work submitted by a student is assumed to have been completed by that student. Plagiarism is copying or imitating the language, ideas, and thoughts of another writer and passing them off as your own original work. You agree not to engage in plagiarism when submitting your work. Failure to abide by these standards will be reported to the appropriate school administrative authorities and may result in loss of credit and revoked access.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- Copy or rephrase another student’s work
- Have someone else rewrite an assignment or rephrase any part of an assignment (not just proofread it)
- Copy content from student aids (for example, CliffsNotes or SparkNotes), critical sources, reference materials, or other materials, in part or in their entirety, without acknowledgment (including by rephrasing ideas borrowed from such materials)
Any quotations from a source require full citations, including author, title, publisher, date of publication, and page number. If you’re citing information found on a website, provide the complete web page or website title, URL, author if known, page number if applicable, and publication date of the site, if available.
Use of Apex Learning content
All content is owned by Apex Learning and its licensors and protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unauthorized use, copying, or distribution may result in revoked access.
In addition, you agree not to use any automated means, including, without limitation, agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access, monitor, or copy any part of the content, and you agree not to use any network monitoring tools to determine site architecture or extract information about website usage or users.