Important Enrollment Information for Individual Courses (Middle School and High School)
- Enrollment consists of a student enrolled in a one-semester course.
- Enrollments are accepted on a continual basis.
- One semester course includes 18 calendar weeks of instruction. Summer semester courses include nine calendar weeks of instruction but can be extended to 18 weeks at no extra charge.
- Required and optional books and course materials can be purchased through any retailer.
- To accommodate winter holidays, no work will be due from December 24 to January 1.
Refund Policy for Individual Courses (Middle School and High School) and Technology Courses
- Withdrawal prior to course start date: 100% refund.
- Withdrawal 1-28 days after course start date: 100% refund less a 20% administrative fee.
- Withdrawal 29 days or more after the course start date: No refund.
To officially withdraw a student from an online course, an e-mail must be sent from the parent or guardian to the ALVS Student Services team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extension Policy for Individual Courses (Middle School and High School)
ALVS allows extensions up to a maximum course duration of 20 consecutive weeks from the course start date. For more information contact ALVS Student Services at email@example.com.
Extension Policy for Technology Courses
You can purchase continued access to an existing Technology Course after your 6-month access period has completed. For more information contact ALVS Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auto-Withdraw Policy for Individual Courses (Middle School and High School)
Students who have not accessed their course for 28 days will be auto-withdrawn from the course. Students will receive a warning 3-4 days before withdrawal and can avoid it by logging in and accessing their course from their dashboard. If the warning period is missed, any auto-withdrawn student can be immediately re-enrolled, and work through the original end date of the course, by contacting ALVS Student Services at email@example.com or 855-550-2547.
To maintain academic integrity, Apex Learning Virtual School requires that all work submitted by students to be entirely the result of one’s own effort. Plagiarism will not be tolerated, and teachers will not accept work that is plagiarized. Failure to abide by these rules may result in assignment re-submission, no credit for the assignment, or removal from the course. For more information, read our Plagiarism Policy.